Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The power of Disney compels you!

It's so true. Every store, emporium, shoppe, kiosk... I bought loads of Disney crap.



I bought pens, candy, t-shirts, stuffed animals, shoes, baseball-mouse ear antennae toppers, squeezy skulls whose brains come out of their eye sockets--luckily for my friends and family, I hate Disney stuff. Everyone got lots of gifts. The power of Disney compelled Miriam as well:



It's a hard thing to reconcile, but I truly hate Disney stuff. And I absolutely LOVE Disneyland. I love Euro Disney. I would probably love Disney World if I'd ever been there. I love Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. Just can't stand the mouse. Or the duck. Or the dog that wears pants. Or the one who doesn't. I do have a soft spot for Stitch, though.



But the fake rocks and fake mountains and fake castles make me giddy--for reals! Everything at Disneyland is clean and well thought out and has high production value. Talk about getting your money's worth! I can't think of another cartoon character-themed amusement park where $119 would go so far. Three fun-filled, action-packed, park-hopping days! Totally worth it.

My Top 10 favorite rides from my Disneyland weekend:

1. Space Mountain
2. California Screamin'
3. Tower of Terror
4. The Matterhorn
5. Splash Mountain
6. Soaring Over California
7. Pirates of the Caribbean
8. Indiana Jones
9. Big Thunder Mountain
10. The Flight of Peter Pan

Note: The Haunted Mansion was closed, and we didn't ride the Sun Wheel or the Grizzly River Run, but those would have bumped 8, 9 and 10 off of the list for sure.

One weird thing about It's a Small World though, I'm pretty sure the 2 Israeli kids that were there in May 2004 were gone this time...

1 comment:

anchovy said...

That's not cool about the two missing Israeli kids. Disney is very PC and I dare say dissing Israel is PC these days. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride has fallen prey too.