Friday, May 13, 2005

Everyday is Blog Appreciation Day

I love my blog. I mean, I looooooooooove my blog. I love sharing pictures of my dogs wearing my knitted goods. I love sending shout-outs to those friends who have birthdays and those who have babies. I love giving readers the opportunity to hear the soundtrack of my life, because after all, I have impeccable taste in music. For instance, I spoke with a very nice professor from Boston University earlier this week, and have had Jonathan Richman in my head ever since. These are things worth sharing. Nay, these are things which must be shared, it is imperative, lest the brilliance that is my daily life go un-chronicled, un-read, un-clicked upon.

I like to spend about 15 minutes or so blogging after lunch. It's a great way to transition between food intake and productive output. A little concentrated, focused creativity, and I'm good to go. (Sometimes, I'll check my stats on sitemeter if I need a little ego stoking. Hey, even 6 page view sends me over the top, 'cause I know that my mom can't be responsible for more than 5 of them...)

So today, when Blogger was down for 45 minutes for scheduled maintenance this afternoon, I was sad. I may have even let out a barely audible whimper.

I never want my blog to become one of the many fantastic things in my life that I take for granted. I've already got too many of those, and decreasing that number is already pretty high up on my List.

So here's to you, blog of my heart. Blog of my job, blog of my life, blog of my mind and my spirit. Here's to you.

No comments: